Sunday, January 29, 2017

CNY DAY 1 & 2

I woke up around 10 am yesterday and tried to watch lectures that I have missed.
Also there was ALOT of school work to catch up on.
What is worse is that one week from now will be a TermTest, which to be honest, I have yet to be revising over. *cries*

In the afternoon , my whole family was awake and we decided to plan our steps from today.
We sorted out the steps needed, expenses and what to do with the company.
Mostly importantly, what we need now is a lawyer to facilitate the case.
And as it is cny, most firms are not operating so we have to wait slightly later.

We booked a movie at 4pm so that we can distract ourselves and laugh a little.
The movie was 'The Fortune Handbook'


The film was quite funny, showing how different classes of gods, are trying to compete into the Fortune God class. And to do so they have to help people with their wishes and collect ingots as an assignment.The god, Mark Lee, went around asking people to chant his script to grant all their wishes. This film speaks alot about family (*cough not so good timing*) and people's greed and desire. It was still a decent film afterall and it was really funny to see Christopher Lee & Lee Nan Xing fighting it out from time to time.

I felt Christopher Lee really went all out portraying this hooligan-ish character who is in love with spraying his head with hairspray. All the hip twists & underwear scenes hahaha, really unexpected of him. I also like Lai Yi Ling's acting here acting as a semi bimbo who is deeply in love with his husband, Christopher. She then had a slightly transformation due to another reason  o.o

Also, this film speaks about doing good deeds and not just fulfilling one's desire. There were several times of this film where it got pretty emotional and made some people teared. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After that my family and I went back to my grandmother's house. My 2nd sis drove us on the way back.We weren't allowed to visit house, but my mom was just going back to her house.
We didn't say 'Happy New Year' to other people and just smiled.

My cousins and relatives were kind of worried about us when we didn't arrive. I am glad to see their faces (esp prawn whom I frantically waved in the car before she almost left)
They were all concerned for us and they even set up the dining table for us to have a steamboat dinner when it was already cleared up.

Most of them gave us encouragement and also asked us to keep a look out for my mom. I also finally had to chance to see Patchy after so long. I also played with Chester & Momo and somehow I felt a little better playing with the doggies. 

After that I drove the car home,(I only drove like less than 2km the previous time) and it was really nerve-wrecking. It was around 10pm and I never drove at night before :x My contact lenses were abit dry and my siblings had to keep a look out of my alignment as my skills were really rusty.

Today is the 7th day of my dad's passing. There are many things to prepare and do.
But I hope that he is at a better place now. (: 

No comments: