Sunday, February 12, 2017

First Filming Experience

I have joined Mediacorp(part-timer) for quite a long while now and I didn't have suitable roles previously due to school commitments and my loud hair colours previously. I have always wanted to try acting in my life and I finally had such a chance. Thankfully there was a small role that fit my schedule yesterday and it marked my first filming experience! ( no lines but, at least it is a good start (: )

I was told to arrive at 7am for makeup & wardrobe. That timing was really early, but I was so excited i woke up at 5:30am and eventually took a cab down as I realised that the buses to harbourfront were not operating (because it is at the other side of the terminal *cries*) I reached at 6;30am and navigated into their new campus at one-north.

Obviously I was the first few to arrive and I walked into the makeup unit as it was opened. I told them my role and they actually thought that no makeup & hairstyling should be done for some game challenge contestant. But there was this senior staff that was so nice and she said that since I came and took a seat, might as well do something to my hair. She curled it a little and set it with hairspray ( thank god)

After that the main bulk of people came and they were coming to line up for the wardrobe. It was a hectic scene as I think 3 shows were ongoing and the scene that I was going for that day had a lot of spectators. After Q-ing up, they gave me a dry fit shirt so that I wouldn't get heat stroke if I were to stand under the Sun for quite sometime ( Still not revealing what this role is keke )

We took a minibus over to Symbiosis where the scene was filmed. The building was quiet on a saturday as I think most of the offices operates on weekdays from 8-5pm ish. Either that or they booked the place. The filming place was also barricaded to a certain extent ~

Through this experience I really learnt a lot of things. Like simple scenes you see on television require many takes from different angles. Also the audience had to move accordingly to where the camera was filming. Different filming requires different lenses (wide lens, focus lens etc..) And it was really cool to see some panning action :D

(a photo of the set to satisfy your curiosity)

I also talked to some people that day , be it part-timers or extras. I learnt alot from them and it was really interesting to hear stories and important advices. I made friends with some of them too~ Most people were helpful and nice especially towards a greenhorn like me. For that , I felt very grateful. (:

The main cast was Jeffrey Xu Ming Jie and I had the honor to be standing just behind him most of the time (hint hint for what I may be doing). The host of the game show was Kun Hua (with platinum blonde hair , omg envy) from 9.33 And I must say that their chinese proficiency is like really accurate and amazing. Every word can be heard properly and distinctively. ( i better work on that soon, gulps*)

 With Jeffrey
With Kun Hua

They were both very friendly and didn't mind taking a selfie with me (':
Thankfully, my scene ended earlier and after that I could go back myself to return the wardrobe and leave. (luckily I did my scene in one-take)

It was a really fulfilling experience and I hope to get more roles (maybe challenging) in the future!
Hope to have such chance again! (:

Signing off,
Kazuewhostartedacting

1 comment:

giaonhanquocte said...

Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

An Thái Sơn với website anthaison.vn chuyên sản phẩm máy đưa võng hay máy đưa võng tự động tốt cho bé là địa chỉ bán máy đưa võng giá rẻ tại TP.HCM và giúp bạn tìm máy đưa võng loại nào tốt hiện nay.